Monday, September 29, 2008

Skirt progress

I managed to make a pretty good start on my friend's Vogue skirt before my husband and I took off for camping last week. It's made of a black stretch wool from Michael's fabrics, and lined/underlined with charcoal grey stretch silk charmeuse. Here are a few pics of the progress:

Front, belt loops were attached to the outer waistband only

Inside waistband, the rigeline boning was stitched through along the seam allowances
Inside of waistband, I only interfaced the front panel as I want to take advantage of the stretchy fabric.

Closeup
Inside out, still needs the bottom edge of the waistband finishing, zipper, and hem.

Back

I am still sort of dreading attaching the lining to the hem vent and back seam, I think it will all have to be done by hand due to the underlining method of attaching the lining. Does anyone have a good method for doing this? My RTW clothing all looks so neat on the inside, there must be a way to do it.


0 comments: